Yesterday, the RWYC race management sent letters of notification to the skippers, participants in the regatta for current situation in the world – COVID 19.
According to their information, next week it will be clarified whether the regatta will be held this year or postponed until next.
“Dear Skippers and potential skippers,
The RWYC race management are currently reviewing the situation regarding the ongoing virus and its likely effect on race operations during May/June. We have competitors arriving from mainland Europe, the USA etc which and we have to consider, and of course the situation with regard to arrival in Newport which is a quickly changing scenario also.
We expect to send a post to you all early next week giving the latest decisions and a statement as to whether we continue with the race this year or defer to next year.
Kind regards !”
Neil Dunkley,Race Director