Alex Thomson (HUGO BOSS) across the equator at 13:19ч., which took him 9 days 23 hours, and 59 minutes from the start of Les Sables d’Olonne. He failed to renew his own record set in 2016 (9 days 7 hours). All sailors are currently in the trade winds, with the exception of Jeremy Bayo, who is in the Bay of Biscay.79 miles from HUGO BOSS is Thomas Ruyant with LinkedOut.
Unfortunately, Troussel is not expected to reach the Cape Verde Islands before Friday. His loss from the race was significant, at the age of 44 it was finally his chance to match the exploits of close friends from sailing in his youth: Armel Le Cléac’h and Jérémie Beyou . Twenty years ago this talented trio trained and sailed together on Morlaix Bay under the guidance of Hugues Imbert, director of the Carantec club, and Bruno Jourdren.
Temporary ranking until 17:00:
1. Alex Thomson – [HUGO BOSS] -> 21,232.7 nm from the finish
2. Thomas Ruyant – [LinkedOut] -> 70.11 nm from the leader
3. Jean Le Cam – [Yes We Cam! ] -> 97.24 nm from the leader
4. Charlie Dalin – [Apivia] -> 116.16 nm from the leader
5. Kevin Escoffier – [PRB] -> 179.21 nm from the leader